GRAND COUNTY BEAVERS
The BEAVER level is our highest level of Adopt-a-Waterway program involvement. As a keystone species and ecosystem engineers, beavers are critical to any healthy watershed. Likewise, our Adopt-a-Waterway program needs beavers to truly make a difference. We'll support you every step of the way with your waterway adoption.
At the Beaver level, we ask for a TWO-YEAR COMMITMENT and at least ONE STEWARDSHIP PROJECT each year.
Don’t know where to adopt? We can help!
Tell us a little bit about your group and where in Grand County you would like to adopt, and we will help you from there!
WHAT ARE STEWARDSHIP PROJECTS?
Stewardship projects can be a range of activities. UCRWG can help your group decide what actions are best for your specific area! Projects include:
- CITIZEN SCIENCE MONITORING: Creating photo and field logs of specific areas to track progress over time. Recording observations of bugs, macroinvertebrates, plants, birds, and wildlife - you choose! - with the help of apps such as Water Reporter and CitSci.org.
- WATER QUALITY: Tracking and recording surface water temperatures and maintaining a photo field log of specific areas.
- GEOMORPHOLOGY: Monitoring stream bank conditions and ensuring stability; addressing impacts from high water events, especially in burn areas; mitigating sediment runoff from construction sites.
- RESTORATION: Planting native species and invasive plant removal.
- CLEANUP: Picking up trash and dog poop!
HOW DOES UCRWG PROVIDE SUPPORT?
We’re HERE to help you and your group succeed!
UCRWG supports you and your waterway by providing project advice and training, helping secure materials, navigating communication with local municipalities and acting as a guide when needed.
WE WILL ALSO PROVIDE A SIGN IDENTIFYING YOUR WATERWAY AND THANKING YOU FOR YOUR HEROIC CONTRIBUTION!
A big THANK YOU to our project partner, MyWaterways, for their assistance in developing this project for our watershed!