There are no events planned at this time due to COVID concerns. Please check back for events in Spring/Summer 2021. As a small, grassroots nonprofit, we are always looking for volunteers – please contact us at email@example.com to find out how you can contribute.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop on everything UCRWG (we won’t share your email or flood your in-box!)
- April 2nd – Welcomed establishment of new Kawuneeche Group
- May 18th and 25th – Smith Creek Restoration Project with MPHS Interact Club
- December 11th – Year-End Newsletter and establishing goals for 2020
Events and Community Conversations
Janury 19th – Where are we now?
UCRWG is in the second year of a $100,000 WaterSMART grant from the US Bureau of Reclamation. So far in year two, the UCRWG board has met twice and the technical team is exploring project concepts and a grant strategy with board guidance.
During our first year of funding, the Shadowcliff Mountain Lodge team guided five Community Conversations, consolidated findings, and formed the Watershed Group Board. The technical team studied watershed conditions and opportunities, drafted guiding supporting documents for organization of a nonprofit, and researched grant funding.
- May 5th – Grand Lake Recreation District Bioblitz
- May 24th – Community Conversations – Granby Public Library
- July 25th – Published research conclusions on benefits and viability of establishing an Impact Fee for water users.
- August 2nd – Published our first Watershed Snapshot
- Sept. 1st – Guided hike with the Grand Lake Rec District, “The Burn Zone: Moving Forward”
- Feb. 25 – Granby: Mountain Parks Electric Community Room
- Oct. 17 – Granby: Mountain Parks Electric
- Oct. 25 – Grand Lake: Community House (by Town Hall)
- Nov. 11 – Fraser: The Historic Church
- Nov. 14 – Kremmling: West Grand High School